Thursday, April 24, 2008

Day 121...weight? Find out tomorrow~


So, FATINAH asked how I knew I was "stagnating." I know because I'm only doing my plan half assed. I'm exercising, but I'm overeating. A + B does not equal C here. I read somewhere that diet (caloric restriction as well as WHAT you're eating) is about 70% of the necessary component to weight loss while exercise is only about 30%. That was my problem all along, for the past several years. I'd exercise, sure...but I'd EAT like a hog in heat. I NEED to get A and B to work TOGETHER, and not in opposition to each other. THAT's when I can be successful. But my big problemo is that I EAT when I'm emotional (in any shape or form), and I'm an EMOTIONAL person, so...you can see the quandary. I'd love about 6 months of basically no emotions! HA! Yeah, that's what I need!! 6 months to take off the next 20-30 or so pounds.


But I do get down. I had such grand plans for the first half of 2008, and they all seem to have gotten tossed by the side of the road. Ah, the best laid plans of mice and men (and FatMom)...


Thanks for being so kind to me.


TODAY (and yesterday), I was good to myself. I exercised, and I ate on plan. Beautifully and simply on plan. Sometimes I need to remind myself that I will NOT starve. That hunger pangs are OK, and they will not KILL me. I'm trying to tap into a zen like mind set...like the one I get into when I run.


Thanks for caring,

FatMom

2 comments:

Fatinah said...

are you sure hunger pains don't kill? Cricky - if I'd know that......

So, two days of loving yourself under your belt! Keep it up!

Sometimes I wish it was just about being active. Now that I am, it doesn't seem like a big deal. But eating right more often than not....man, that is hard. And why is it that when we are eating our emotions we NEVER grab sliced green peppers??

Tigerlilly said...

Eat like a hog in heat???? HAHAHAHAHAHAHA....

I do the exact same thing. I think that is why I have been stuck at the same weight for months now. I exercise my butt off... and then go eat it back on!

Two days of good eating down.. lets go for a week now!